Depression Symptoms – What are the Signs of Depression?
We specialize in online therapy for anxiety, depression, and other related disorders.
Depression is a mood disorder that causes persistent sadness and loss of interest. It affects how people feel, think, and behave and can lead to various emotional and physical problems; i.e., you may have trouble doing normal daily activities and feeling as if life is not worth living.
Depression symptoms may include any of the following:
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
- Feelings of hopelessness and pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies, activities, and sex
- Decreased energy and fatigue
- Restlessness, irritability
- Thoughts of death or suicide, suicide attempts
- Low appetite and weight loss
- Over-eating and weight gain
- Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment
Our depression therapists use cognitive behavioral therapy as a strong option for treating depression and reducing relapse or recurrence after therapy has ceased.
Call Capricorn Counseling Center or visit us online to schedule a consultation regarding feelings of helplessness, worthlessness, and inadequacy.